- This event has passed.
NRG MONTHLY MEETING THIS SATURDAY 10th June 2017
June 10 @ 1:00 pm - 3:00 pm
Dear NR Guardians
Confirming that the regular NRG Meeting will be on this Saturday 10th June, at Mavis’s Kitchen, Mt Warning Rd.
A reminder we will meet as usual the 3rd Saturday of every month apart from June when both Sledge and Rainer plan to be away, so the June meeting be held on the 2nd Saturday which is 10th June (will be confirmed).
Agenda – NRG Meeting on Saturday 10th June 2017
at Mavis’ Kitchen, Mt. Warning Road, near Uki
Meeting to start at 1pm. Sledge to Chair. Acknowledge traditional Custodians
Present: Sledge, Bernadine, Joyce & Geoff, Rainer, Cas, Sophia,
Apologies: Suzanne, Daniele, Bill West, Dee Nessel
Minutes from 20thst May 2017 Meeting:
New member applications: new apps ? :
1. World Environment Day at M’bah Sunday 4th June: Sledge /Bern/ Geoff
2. TS Council watch: Sledge – dams, water management and aquifers – Breifing paper. Xavier/ Jeremy Tager
3. Pressure TSC to divest from CSG & Fossil Fuels – Greg Reid
4.Tweed Koalas: Lori/Dave
5. Tweed River Management C’tee : Bill Fenelon.
6. NSW govt changes to land clearing laws/ EDO workshop: Sledge – subs to 21-6-17
7. Adani coal mine – Sledge: CBA protest in Lismore 2nd June
8.EDO workshop on water extraction will be held on 28 June: by invitation
9. Rail transport options/ merger of groups: Bill/ Dave/ Andrew (letter?)
10. Support for ailing activists : Sharon
11. Update: protect North Byron Parkland festival venue: Dee says” No further news on Parklands to report at this time. The current status of the 20-month extension proposal is “under assessment” by the Department of Planning. More in July
Letters to / from politicians :
1. Email to Federal party leaders : stop Adani/ save the reef
2. Paper mail and Stop Adani DVD to MPs Kevin Hogan & Justine Elliot. Hogan replied
3. Jeremy Buckingham
Treasurer’s Report: General account = $ ……….
after $400 paid for P/L and vols insurance.
NRG LEGAL ACCOUNT STANDS AT $1,740.57. Moved: Geoff, seconded …
President’s Report :
1. Cost of electricity hoax
2. Politicians on Adani / new coal mines
3. Absent from 11 June to 15 July – Bernadine to prepare July agenda
1. Guarding Galilee film -organise for the Tweed ?
2. What are we doing? How can we be most effective? : Alexis
3. Santos Narribri CSG project : subs due by 21-6-17
4. Australia’s longest roadside demonstration – Sophia
1. NCC annual conference 28 & 29 October in Sydney, NSW Jacqui Mumford Network Organiser Nature Conservation Council of NSW w: (02) 9516 1488 | e: email@example.com
2. Julian Burnside, QC, will be giving a talk in Mullumbimby on Saturday 1st July. For information contact Bobbi : 0428 886 147 / 02 66886147. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Next meeting : 1 to 3 PM Saturday 15th July at Mavis’ Kitchen